The Great Race Place hosted Bella Thorne and Gregg Sulkin in one of the new Suites at Santa Anita Park. As noted by UsWeekly, “Bella Thorne and Gregg Sulkin cuddled up in a suite for a date at the races at the Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.”The Suites at Santa Anita Park is the ultimate venue to enjoy an afternoon of thoroughbred horse racing at the world’s most beautiful racetrack, minutes from downtown Los Angeles. Learn more here.For up-to-the-minute information, follow us on Instagram @santaanitapark.Via UsWeekly
Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants It’s no secret that Tiu hits the piano keys as leisure and posts his own renditions of classic songs.His most recent was his take on “Love of My Life,” one of the many hits by iconic British rock band Queen.The former national team captain has been actually playing some of Queen’s songs lately after saying that he had been inspired by the film Bohemian Rhapsody, a movie that celebrates the band’s music and life of its lead singer Freddie Mercury.The 33-year-old Tiu also has more time now to sit behind the piano after officially announcing his early retirement from basketball last month.Tiu played just seven seasons in the PBA all with the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters, a team he helped win a title in the 2016 Commissioner’s Cup. He also won a UAAP championship in 2008 as a key member of the Ateneo Blue Eagles.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Love of My Life – Queen ❤️❤️🎹🎹🎼🎼 pic.twitter.com/TE6ZsVsHKx— Chris Tiu (@chris_tiu) February 19, 2019There are only a few things Chris Tiu cannot do.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesBeing good at professional basketball, hosting a TV show and modeling are not one of those.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war MOST READ So is playing the piano. Urgent reply from Philippine football chief Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. UAAP volleyball: Ateneo bounces back, holds off UST for first win
Controversial all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has impressed Australia coach Darren Lehmann with his handling of criticism over some comments he made and may earn a recall in the third and final one-day match against New Zealand on Friday.Maxwell was fined by his team mates for expressing his disappointment at batting lower down the order than he expected for his state side Victoria.He also suggested that decision was because wicketkeeper, and Australian team mate, Matthew Wade, was the state captain and choosing to bat ahead of him. (Maxwell-Wade controversy should have been kept private, says Warne)The 28-year-old was heavily criticised by former players and missed out on selection for the first two games of the New Zealand series, though Lehmann reiterated that was a balance issue rather than anything to do with his comments.”He has been fantastic, full credit to him, the way he’s handled it and the way he’s been around the team,” Lehmann told reporters in Melbourne on Thursday.”We’ve named the team quite late both times … and he’s missed out last minute and he’s handled that really well. (Glenn Maxwell back, Hilton Cartwright included in Australia’s ODI squad vs New Zealand)”I’m really pleased the way he’s gone about it, and I know the players are (at) the way he’s dealt with it.”Lehmann added that Maxwell was a strong chance to play on his home track at the MCG, but the decision would again be made when they got to the ground and inspected the wicket after rain on Thursday prevented them from training outside.advertisementFast bowlers Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood, who were both named earlier on Thursday for the first test against Pakistan in Brisbane next week, were unlikely to be rested for the dead-rubber game against New Zealand.”I would think they would be playing … they’ve got to bowl some overs and get ready for Brisbane anyway,” Lehmann said.”They’ve pulled up ok so unless something happens in the next 24 hours, we expect them to play.” (Australia’s John Hastings ‘shocked’ by selectors snub)The team would, however, still err on the side of caution with returning quick Pat Cummins’ workload, Lehmann said, after he has spent years battling injuries, despite his 4-41 in Canberra where he consistently bowled over 150kph.”We’re slowly slowly with him,” Lehmann said.”When you get someone like that that’s coming back and just goes ‘bang’ like that with a performance in Canberra, you go ‘Wow, we just want him in’.”So you’ve got to sit back and work out what the best way to go about it is.”
You can subscribe to The Big Story podcast on iTunes or Google Play.You can also find it at thebigstorypodcast.ca. He killed eight men. There’s no alleged anymore. The details are horrific. But after Bruce McArthur pleaded guilty to the murders on Tuesday, Toronto will now at least be spared a lurid, months-long trial.A statement of facts will be issued next week, and victim impact statements will be devastating-but when it’s over and McArthur rots in jail, how will the city move on?The crimes and the subsequent investigation, or lack thereof for months, left the relationship between the police and the city’s LGBTQ community in tatters. How can that be rebuilt?McArthur was a landscaper and a mall Santa-he interacted with thousands of Torontonians, and his crimes left them all searching for answers. Is this closure? Will there ever be a time that the city moves on? And what comes next for the police who waited so long to begin hunting for the monster stalking a vulnerable community?GUEST: Momin Qureshi, 680 NewsAudio Playerhttp://media.blubrry.com/thebigstory/s/radio.pmd.rogersdigitalmedia.com/podcasts/thebigstory/tbs_01302019.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
NEW YORK — Evidence of China’s slowing economy popped up in the sales numbers posted by Tiffany & Co.While revenue rose 4 per cent to just above $1 billion in the third quarter, industry analysts were anticipating a bigger boost. Some of that unexpected drag is taking place because spending by Chinese tourists is falling.Company shares plunged more than 11 per cent before the opening bell and there is some concern that sales at Tiffany are a dark omen for the entire luxury retail sector.Chinese economic growth declined to a post-global crisis low of 6.5 per cent in the quarter than ended in September. A trade fight with the Trump administration is pressuring communist leaders to energize economic activity that has weakened since Beijing clamped down on bank lending last year as it tries to rein in surging debt.There was greater spending at Tiffany by local customers in all regions during the quarter. That, however, was partly offset due to lower spending by foreign tourists, primarily Chinese. While Tiffany experienced strong sales growth in mainland China, CEO Alessandro Bogliolo said that there was weaker-than-expected spending by Chinese tourists in the U.S. and Hong Kong.Tiffany earned $94.9 million, or 77 cents per share, in the quarter, a penny better than expected, according to analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research. The company earned $100.2 million, or 80 cents per share, a year ago.Tiffany stuck to its full-year earnings of $4.65 to $4.80 per share._____Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on TIF at https://www.zacks.com/ap/TIFThe Associated Press
SINGAPORE — Asian markets tumbled on Friday after China reported weaker-than-expected economic data, stirring up worries about the state of the world’s second largest economy.KEEPING SCORE: Japan’s Nikkei 225 index slid 2 per cent to 21,374.83 and the Kospi in South Korea lost 1.3 per cent to 2,068.38. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was down 1.6 per cent at 26,091.03. The Shanghai Composite index fell 1.1 per cent to 2,605.66. Australia’s S&P ASX 200 shed 1.1 per cent to 5,602.00. Shares were also lower in Taiwan and Southeast Asia.WALL STREET: Major U.S. indexes spent the day switching between small gains and losses before settling for a mixed finish. Small companies fell and high-dividend stocks, which investors favour when they want to reduce risk, rose. The S&P 500 index was almost flat at 2,650.54. The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.3 per cent to 24,597.38 while the Nasdaq composite gave up 0.4 per cent to 7,070.33. The Russell 2000 index of smaller company stocks slipped 1.6 per cent to 1,432.70.CHINESE DATA: Chinese industrial output and retail sales slowed in November, official data from the National Bureau of Statistics showed Friday. Industrial output rose 5.4 per cent over a year ago, compared with a 5.9 per cent rise in October. Retail sales grew by 8.1 per cent, down from 8.6 per cent in the previous month. Investors are keeping close tabs on Chinese economic releases amid the country’s trade dispute with the U.S. The two countries have agreed to a 90-day cease-fire on tariffs and are planning to use the time to resolve a myriad of issues.ANALYST’S TAKE: “Markets have been anticipating slower growth in production because of trade tensions. But retail sales show that consumption may not be strong enough to support the external sector,” said Francis Tan, investment strategist at UOB Private Bank. “These slower numbers will surface on policymakers’ dashboards and there is a possibility of more stimulus early in the new year,” he added.JAPAN’S TANKAN: A Bank of Japan survey released Friday measuring confidence among large-scale manufacturers held steady at 19 points. The “tankan” survey, which includes automakers and electronics companies, was flat for the second month after three quarters of decline. It reflects the difference in the number of companies with “favourable” outlooks and those with “unfavourable” ones. Analysts said the showing is decent, given that the Japanese economy contracted in the first and third quarters, but it could be a sign that global trade tensions are still weighing on corporate sentiment.ENERGY: Benchmark U.S. crude fell 33 cents to $52.25 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract added $1.43 to $52.58 in New York on Thursday. Brent crude, used to price international oils, dropped 54 cents to $60.91 in London.CURRENCIES: The dollar weakened to 113.51 yen from 113.60 yen in late trading Thursday. The euro eased to $1.1356 from $1.1363.Annabelle Liang, The Associated Press
Horne is described as: Aboriginal, standing 6’4” tall, weighing 181 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes.He has a number of tattoos, including one of a blue flame on his right wrist and forearm, one of a skull with a jester hat on his left shoulder, and a tattoo of a skull with a Viking helmet on his left arm above the elbow.Anyone with information about Horne or his whereabouts is asked to contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100.If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit a tip online at www.crimestoppersnebc.ca. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Mounties in Fort St. John have issued an arrest warrant for a local man in his 30’s and are asking for the public’s help in locating him.Cst. Chad Neustaeter with the Fort St. John RCMP said that an arrest warrant has been issued for 32-year-old Fort St. John resident Byron Eric Horne. The warrant was issued back on March 28th.Police say Horne is facing charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking and Possession of a Prohibited Weapon.
To visit the Canada Food Guide CLICK HERE The new dietary guidance includes advice for Canadians on healthy food choices and healthy eating habits. This advice includes;eating plenty of vegetables and fruits,eating protein foods,choosing whole grain foods, andmaking water your drink of choice.Healthy eating is more than the foods you eat. The Food Guide encourages Canadians to;cook more often,enjoy food,be mindful of eating habits, andeat meals with others.Canada’s Food Guide is intended for all Canadians. Health Canada is working to ensure that the revised Food Guide is inclusive of Indigenous Peoples, reflecting social, cultural and historical context. Additionally, Health Canada and Indigenous Services Canada are committed to working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis to support the development of distinctions-based healthy eating tools, as part of the revision process.The new Food Guide is part of Canada’s Healthy Eating Strategy, which aims to make the healthier choice the easier choice.“Healthy eating is more than the foods you eat. It’s about your whole relationship with food. The new Food Guide gets to the heart of this relationship and gives Canadians concrete advice that they can follow to make healthy eating part of their day.”The Honourable Ginette Petitpas TaylorMinister of Health MONTREAL, QC – Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Minister of Health shared that with the launch of the new Canada’s Food Guide, healthy eating is about more than the foods Canadians eat.The new Food Guide is now a more developed online resource that can better meet the needs of users, including the general public, policy makers and health professionals.This includes mobile-friendly web content for Canadians that are on the go to have access no matter where they are.
The Society says they are committed to producing a weekend show in 2021.The Fort St John International Airshow Society, operated by dedicated local volunteers and supported through sponsorship from local government, businesses and various organizations has dedicated its efforts to producing world class Airshows for the past 25 years. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The 2019 Fort St. John Airshow has been cancelled.The Fort St. John International Airshow Society announced Tuesday that the event, originally scheduled for July 24, 2019, has been cancelled.In a press release, the Society said: “The Fort St John International Airshow Society has cancelled the scheduled midweek show for July 24, 2019, due to a lack of resources required to produce a safe, efficient and entertaining show this year.”
New Delhi: The fifth tranche of the CPSE Exchange Traded Fund will open for subscription on March 19, wherein the government seeks to raise at least Rs 3,500 crore. The fourth Further Fund Offer (FFO), which would be open from March 19-22, would help the government in mopping up funds towards meeting its disinvestment target of Rs 80,000 crore for the current fiscal ending March 31. According to Reliance Mutual Fund, which is managing the CPSE ETF, the fifth tranche would open for subscription on March 19, for anchor investors. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to Customs Non-anchor investors, including retail investors, can put in their bids from March 20-22. This would be the second CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprises) ETF FFO in the current fiscal after Rs 17,000 crore raised November 2018. So far, the government has raised a total of Rs 28,500 crore from rounds through CPSE ETF, including the first offer in March 2014 that mopped up Rs 3,000 crore. “The CPSE ETF is trading at very attractive valuations. As on February 28, the dividend yield of the index was as high as 5.52 per cent compared to 1.25 per cent for the Nifty 50… In addition, the government is also giving a 4 per cent discount to investors,” Reliance Mutual Fund Head (ETF) Vishal Jain said. Also Read – Coking coal shipments rise 15 pc to 29 MT at 12 state-run ports in Apr-Sep The ETF tracks shares of 11 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) — ONGC, NTPC, Coal India, IOC, Rural Electrication Corp, Power Finance Corp, Bharat Electronics, Oil India, NBCC India, NLC India and SJVN. Through the latest offer, the government aims to raise an initial amount of Rs 3,500 crore and the offer size could be raised, as per Reliance Mutual Fund. After raising Rs 3,000 through New Fund Offer (NFO) in March 2014, the government garnered Rs 6,000 crore from the first FFO of the CPSE ETF in January 2017. Subsequently. Rs 2,500 crore was mopped from the third tranche in March 2017 and Rs 17,000 crore from the fourth round in November last year. The government has raised Rs 56,473.32 crore through disinvestment till February 28, as against the target of Rs 80,000 crore for the 2018-19 fiscal.